So I’ve spent the last 2 months in the Philippines for my day job. This is my 2nd trip here in the last year. I was here last November 2011 for only 4 weeks. This time I will be here for 3 months.
The people, culture, scenery and food are all great. I’ve made some new friends while here and rekindled old friendships. I’ve tried to make most of my trip this time and have been traveling every weekend on either a day trip or a full weekend excursion.
The last time I was in Manila I didn’t do much site seeing. Most of my time was spent in the office, in my hotel or walking around the local mall (Green Belt, Glorietta and SM). I vowed this time to not make the same mistake. So far, I have been to the following locations:
- Palawan which included, Puerto Princessa, Sabang, Underground River, El Nido and island hopping
- Boracay which included fire dancing show, shopping, white sand beaches, snorkeling and more island hopping
- Taal volcano, this was my 2nd trip there and 2nd time walking up the side of the volcano
- Eagle’s Point Resort to go scuba diving. I’ve made two trips there and on my 2nd trip I saw a giant clam and a sea turtle
- Manila Ocean Park and Aquarium
- Saw my first movie in the Philippines (Looper)
I’ll be posting separate blogs about each of these trips with pictures over the next few week. I’ve got just over 3 weeks left to go before I head back home. I’m looking forward to being home but at the same time, I’m not looking forward to leaving the Philippines and the friends I have made since I’ve been here.
Check back soon…… More to come.